RPG Protective Net
Q-NET® is a highly specialized protective net that offers protection against rocket propelled grenades (RPGs). The netting is lightweight and configurable on a wide range of tactical and lightly armored vehicles and has the highest RPG defeat performance in the world for lightweight passive systems.
Q-NET was first deployed in Afghanistan in 2010. It is now the most widely-deployed RPG protection system in the world and deployed on over 14,000 platforms used in active combat. The net design was developed jointly by QinetiQ, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Office of Naval Research. It has been subjected to extensive live fire and laboratory tests with results indicating performance levels matching or exceeding competitor bar armor solutions.
- Configurable to any platform without modifications to the vehicle
- 360 degree and overhead protection
- Features the highest RPG defeat performance in the world for lightweight passive systems
- Highly effective
- Lowest stand-off requirements of any passive system
- Multi-hit capability
- Easy installation and repairable in the field